Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Watermelon Hydroponics Project 2008

The 2008 watermelon hydroponics project is officially underway! On Memorial Day, after returning from my trip to Lafayette, I was finally able to transplant my watermelon seedlings into their new environment.





This blog entry started out describing some of my past projects, the current design, mixing the stock solutions, and a number of other topics. It didn't take long to realize that a blog was not a suitable format for information that really needed a hierarchical organization with links. I use a wiki at work, so I decided to set out to look for a wiki with the features I wanted.

There's a really cool website for comparing wiki's (WikiMatrix) that helped me narrow the search down to a handful in a very short period of time. After trying the remaining few, I settled on WetPaint. The features I like about it:

  • it's free (that's always a plus) and it's hosted

  • it's easy to start

  • your wiki can be as public or as private as you like

  • to edit a page, just start typing

  • no wiki language to learn

  • very clean look

One thing I don't like about it: no superscript or subscript. Oh well, I'll make do for now I suppose.

My intention was to get the wiki in a fairly stable state before linking to it here, but I think it's just going to have to be a work in progress for a little while:

http://backyard-hydroponics.wetpaint.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

amazing stuff thanx :)